At DK’s Dustbusters, we’re excited Spring is finally here! It’s a hopeful time of year, with flowers in bloom, the breeze blowing through the trees, and school children counting down the days until summer. We also get excited at the thought of spring cleaning. That’s right, we do! Spring is a great opportunity to give your home a deep clean.
After the winter months, a professional home cleaning is a great way to make sure your home is ready for entertaining and overall comfort. After all, with the near perfect weather we enjoy in Clear Lake & League City during the spring, it’s a perfect time to open up the windows and enjoy fresh air throughout your home. For many people, the thought of spending the day indoors and doing a deep clean of the house is just plain painful. You may ask yourself if spring cleaning is really all that different from the cleaning you already tackle every week.
Lucky for you, we’ve put together a list of 6 Spring Cleaning Spots to tackle – or call the professionals.
- Your cabinets. We often don’t realize how quickly build-up collects on kitchen cabinets, especially if you don’t usually run the exhaust hood over your range when cooking
- Windows. It’s not enough to only clean the outside of your windows. Spring is a great time to take care of cleaning the window exterior and the window screens. It’s shocking how dirty they get!
- Appliances. This also means inside and out. Take out the shelves and drawers in your refrigerator and give each a good clean before putting them back. Your washing machine, dishwasher, and oven, all need regular cleaning.
- Light fixtures and ceiling fans. Seriously, it’s amazing the grime that collects on light bulbs and the fixtures themselves. Be patient and gently wipe down making sure not to forget any spots.
- Duvets, blankets, and comforters. Hopefully you’re already washing your bed sheets once a week but how often do you wash all of the other pieces that keep you cozy while you sleep. Dust settles everywhere and regular washing will help maintain better air quality as you sleep.
- Curtains and blinds. Your wonderful window coverings are also dust and pollen magnets. Use washable curtains and then take the time to wash them periodically. If you have blinds, you may want to hand wipe them so you can give them a good cleaning without further spreading dust indoors.
Most people aren’t tackling the above cleaning areas during their regular, weekly chores. If you’re exhausted reading the above list, keep us in mind, we can help. Our professional team of residential maids will deep clean your home, allowing you to appreciate the time-value of money & a clean home! Coming home to a clean house reduces stress, can put your mind in a happy place, and allows you to spend your time on what matters most to you. If you’re looking for a locally-owned, professional cleaning company serving League City, Greater Clearlake, and Friendswood, then DK’s Dustbusters is your best choice for a residential cleaning service.